ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cyber-safety-petition]

CyberSafety constituency

  • To: Heidi Ullrich <Heidi.Ullrich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: CyberSafety constituency
  • From: Ray Linford <linford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:00:44 -0800

To whom it may concern:

I would like to write to show support for the formation of a CyberSafety
constituency within the ICANN Non-commercial Stakeholder Group. I understand
that the Internet is a powerful tool with broad impact and feel that the views
of all Internet users should have a voice within the GNSO Council. Having a
constituency to represent the interests of children, families, and victims of
cybercrimes is of great import, given their often under-represented position.
The CyberSafety constituency has an important mission and should be given a
voice within the ICANN community.
Ray Linford
President
Central Registrar, Inc.