ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cyber-safety-petition]

I am opposed to the cyber safety security petition, please think of the children

  • To: cyber-safety-petition@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I am opposed to the cyber safety security petition, please think of the children
  • From: Pete <djekz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:16:13 -0400

Telling groups of website administrators to use ports other than 80 for
their porn businesses is anti-business.  As a parent, I am appalled that
the Mormon church is somehow trying to evangelize their pompous, ridiculous
religious beliefs on me and my web content.  It's bad enough they come to
my front door, but filtering my internet too?  Who are these people? When
did it become okay for Joseph Smith to run the ISPs of the world and tell
them people cannot look at pornography.  Not everyone believes it's morally
sound to have multiple wives either, but you don't see the non-religious,
non-fundamentalists banging down the doors of these power greedy hate
mongers.

In other words, this is bullshit, and the fact that there is even a
petition available on the internet for such a frivolous waste of time is
laughable. Stop it.  President Shrub is no longer in office, so don't go
trying to regulate porn like your are Alberto Gonzales and focus on real
problems, not this fairy tale garbage.

Thanks
-Pete Lesko