ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cyber-safety-petition]

Opposed

  • To: cyber-safety-petition@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed
  • From: Norman Thorsen <nthorsen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:24:36 -0500

The Cybersafety Constituency proposal looks like a power grab intended to
censor anything with which they disagree.

I dislike censorship in any form.  It serves no purpose other than to control
others.

Other groups already exist which promote child safety.  The "Cybersaftey
Constituency" simply wants to control what I and others read and view on the
internet.  That decision should remain with the individual, not some small
group claiming to represent everyone else.

They don't represent me.

Norman Thorsen
McCalla, AL  35111