ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cyber-safety-petition]

New GNSO CyberSafety Constituency

  • To: cyber-safety-petition@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: New GNSO CyberSafety Constituency
  • From: Orla Carey <orla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:40:47 -0400

I recently read an article about the petition to for a New GNSO
CyberSafety Constituency.  I am STRONGLY against this petition.

While I understand that there are legitimate concerns about children
accessing adult sites, I have problems with the idea that a committee
would be able to decide what is appropriate viewing material for the
general public.

The Internet should not be limited to what a small group of people
think is legitimate, regardless of the general leanings of that group,
either liberal or conservative.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Anne Nelson