ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cyber-safety-petition]

Oppose

  • To: <cyber-safety-petition@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Oppose
  • From: "Ian" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:04:56 -0000

I can not stress enough how much of a bad idea this is.

1: Parents should take responsibility for raising their own children. I am
quite capable of supervising my own child's access to the internet and I do. He
is only three but he has a far better grasp of safe surfing than most adults I
know. There is software out there to block objectionable content, might i
suggest that those parents who are incapable of adequately supervising their
children look at NetNanny or perhaps Ubuntu Christian Edition.

2: If I want to look at something, that is my decision. No one else has the
right to tell me what I can or cannot look at, whether it be pornography,
irreligious satire or something else that offends a very small minority.

3: If my views offend you, what can I say, GET OVER IT. Your religious views
probably offend me, your views on freedom and liberty definitely do,  but I
will defend your right to have those views to the death, just not at the
expense of mine.