ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cyber-safety-petition]

re: New CyberSafety Constituency Petition and Charter

  • To: cyber-safety-petition@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: re: New CyberSafety Constituency Petition and Charter
  • From: pwt <pwt30@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:10:27 -0400

I am writing to express my concern that anyone would consider ruining
the internet as we know it by narrowly defining who can use it for what
specific purposes; and that those purposed may not represent the best
interest of the majority of "web" users.

I do NOT believe that it is in the interest of the general public to have
specific ports restricted to specific classified traffic which would only be
narrowly defined by a special interest (censorship) group.  I DO have
children and I DO monitor what they do  on the internet.  That is  my
job as a parent and I choose to NOT have someone else decide what
is in my/their best interest.

With that regard, I beg the ICANN board to reject requests for limiting
traffic on well-known ports because of special interests.

Thank You.

Peter Tomlinsno