ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[delegation-rate-scenarios]

RE: Comments on Delegation Rate Scenarios

  • To: <delegation-rate-scenarios@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Ron Andruff'" <ra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Comments on Delegation Rate Scenarios
  • From: "ombrettaagro" <ombretta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 17:36:14 -0400

Pursuant to our October 22nd, 2010 post on CircleID
http://www.circleid.com/posts/and_then_there_was_the_issue_of_time/ , we
fully support everythng Mr. Nevett discussed, and which is deeply felt by
all of those potential applicants that began this process with ICANN when it
was it was first announced many years ago.  We, too, urge ICANN to apply a
more aggressive timeline to shorten or accelerate the process wherever
possible.

Now that ICANN has a process -- we need to trust the process -- and get the
first batch of applications in and processed expeditiously.  Thereafter,
with refinements made from lessons learned, process the next batch;
continuing that with methodology until the community is satisfied that the
new gTLD application process can scale appropriately.  We would also argue
for doing rounds in small batches of applicants to test run the systems;
improving the process along the way to mitigate the errors/issues that are
sure to arise.

Sincerely,

Ronald N. Andruff
dotSport LLC