ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[domain-tasting-2008]

Obvious

  • To: <domain-tasting-2008@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Obvious
  • From: "Ryan Meyer" <rmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:35:43 -0600

To Whom It May Concern,

It would be absurd to think that anyone supports domain tasting except for the
scum that are making hefty profits from it.

The real issue is not tasting, but the squatters themselves.

I should not have to BID for my domain name simply because some squatter (who
is making $8/mo from the domain) knows that I'm desperate for mycompany.com.
These people are simply in a dishonest business.

While the removal of "domain tasting" would significantly damage their business
model, and force them to limit their domain purchases, it would not put them
out of business. However, any action is better than no action.

I urge you to close this loophole.

Sincerely,

Ryan Meyer

Meyer Technology Group