ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[domain-tasting-2008]

Domain Tasting

  • To: domain-tasting-2008@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Domain Tasting
  • From: John Maxwell <john.maxwelliv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:01:24 -0800

I am strongly against domain tasting. My feeling is that domains should be owned by people who plan to use them, not the magnates looking to monopolize them. Practically all of the good domain names are squatted on, forcing startups to come up with bizarre variations-- take flickr and reddit. Removing domain tasting will make life harder for magnates and make life easier for website creators.