ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[domain-tasting-motion]

RE: [ga] domain tasting comments

  • To: <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <domain-tasting-motion@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] domain tasting comments
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:28:45 +0100

Jeff,

See my lines below

> Of course it is. Yet again changing or amending
> the RAA's regarding the AGP is not going to necessarly
> accomplish killing Tasting.

The AGP elimination will definitely eliminate tasting. It does not
eliminate other forms of speculation however.

> Better would be to monitor
> deletes and if they rise above a certain level of a
> considered norm, revoke or suspend that
> registrars/registries Accreditation. If such levels
> are reached or exceeded more than three times in any
> given 6 month period, revoke that registrars and/or
> registries Accreditation perminantly and temporarly
> reassign those functions to whatever existing
> registrar/registry or other qualified entity that is
> interested in managing same properly and ethically.
> OR, require and verify modifications to the registration
> software that prevents Tasting as I have already suggested.

Disagree. None human oversight based on plethora of unclear bylaws
vulnerable to being neglected or abused can replace inherent systemic
element principally avoiding fraudulent activity. If such exists, of
course. Fortunately, domain tasting is the case.
The oversight should be necessary if there is no other way to ensure it
in such fundamental way. Unfortunately, as in most situations in real
life.

Dominik

Regards,

Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

liability
P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS. div.
of
Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 214-244-4827