ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[domain-tasting-motion]

RE: [ga] Call for Elimination of AGP

  • To: domain-tasting-motion@xxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Call for Elimination of AGP
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 05:34:34 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Dominik and all,

  I totally myself agree.  Our members have mentioned
to me in my last teleconference similar concerns and
suggestions you have made in your remarks below.  As soon
as I have a difinitive response voted upon by our members,
I shall post it to all the appropriate places accordingly.

  A workaround IMO only is not desirable, but necessary if
the registrars and ICANN is not going to do the oversite
and make the technical changes to the registration software.
It appears that Ross and likely other registrars as well
as registries are not willing to do the necessary oversite,
nor is ICANN. However I do not know if the registrars or
registries are not willing to do the technical software
changes.  It appears from Ross's earlier comments that
Towcows is not willing to do so, or is resistant to doing
so due to cost reasons, although I can't see that the cost
is all that great as I myself have done similar type changes
on more the once occasion, such as the Saber system for flight
reservation system.  Yet I still understand and somewhat
empathize with Ross's concerns.  After all he does have
a business to run...