ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dotnet-comments]

.NET Registry Operator

  • To: <dotnet-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .NET Registry Operator
  • From: "Mike Sax" <mike@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:51:30 -0400

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Mike Sax, and I am president and founder of Sax.net located
in Eugene, Oregon. Sax.net works to develop and support new components
for client-server, multi-tier, and web development projects.

I would like to briefly comment on the upcoming ICANN selection of a
.net  (added dot)  Registry Operator. As .net  is an integral part of
Internet infrastructure, I feel it is essential that the ICANN appointed
operator have a trusted history of registration and resolution of Domain
Names in order to maintain the reliability and security  of the .net
registry.

As attacks to the security of the Internet become more common, it is
also imperative that ICANN take into account the ability of the
designated operator to withstand and prevent future attacks and denial
of service. I feel that it is also crucial that the selected operator be
capable of making the appropriate investment in the infrastructure that
manages the database and possess the ability to meet current and future
standards and specifications.

Sincerely,

Mike Sax

Mike Sax