ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] "introductions" thread

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] "introductions" thread
  • From: Mark Kosters <markk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 18:39:06 +0000

Hi

Here is mine:

I've been involved in Network Information Center work dealing with domains
and ip allocations since 1991. Back in the '90's I wrote a lot of
infrastructure code, did a lot of core internet operations (like running a
and j root servers), and participated in a lot of evolutionary changes
(like the registrar/registry split). Also I was the Principle Investigator
for the InterNIC, Chief Engineer for Network Solutions, and a VP for
VeriSign. I did some dabbling also in protocol work having my name on a
few RFCs and participated in various ICANN committees dealing with
security and stability. For the past three years,  I've been employed as
the CTO of ARIN helping lead the charge in the evolution from IPv4 to IPv6.

I have no musical talent and I do enjoy my weekends getting my hands dirty
- working with my kids on their hobbies - running from restoring cars to
keeping up my small farm in Northern Virginia.

Regards,
Mark