ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] "introductions" thread

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] "introductions" thread
  • From: Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 02:26:00 +0200

Finally reaching the bottom of one stack of work, here's my background:

French National having lived in the UK for 22+ years, now living between
London (UK) and Cannes (France), and the rest of the world (a third of
the time in each location).
With a PhD in Telecommunications Queueing Theory from Imperial College
in London & a Masters in Competitive Intelligence & Knowledge
Management, I've run my own company for many, many years, writing
business plans for ISPs, Web Design Companies and content providers
since the mid-nineties. I did that on contract, so never made millions,
although some of the firms in which I was employee no.2 later became
huge brands.
I've been an Internet user since 1988 - used to play Core Wars before
that, and have witnessed the RTM worm first hand, so I know what
stability & resiliency is (or not). Later, I've helped with remote
testing of setting up ISPs in Africa, so I know what challenges are
faced there and avoid looking at the Internet with a Western prism. Oh,
and I was about to forget, I'm also ALAC Chair.

My musical ability is all rusty. I used to play the violin in a previous
life. Also dabbled in percussion, guitar, bass & keyboards. These days,
I torment the neighbours down the block by singing under my shower.

Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD