ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] "introductions" thread

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] "introductions" thread
  • From: Roy Arends <roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 12:48:58 +0000

Hi all,

I'm head of Research at Nominet UK. Nominet is the manager and operator of
the UK Top Level Domain.

If have a BA in CS, was Service and Support manager at SURFnet, the dutch
NREN. I chaired CERT-NL (now SURFnet CERT), was Network Manager at
Telematics Institute (NL) before I moved to Nominet UK. Until recently I was
a director of DNS-OARC (DNS Operations and Analysis Research Center).

I have co-authored several RFC's (4033/4034/4035/4956/5155) and some
internet drafts. I've designed the architecture behind Unbound (an open
source dns resolver) and OpenDNSSEC (DNSSEC management), and succesfully
spun those off as open source projects. I'm a member of ICANN's security and
stability advisory committee. I'm a member of the DNS Directorate of the
IETF.

As for music, I listen to it sometimes. Not sure if that counts though :-)

Kind regards,

Roy Arends