ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint DNS Security and Stability Analysis Working Group 22 September 2011

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint DNS Security and Stability Analysis Working Group 22 September 2011
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 07:40:44 -0700

Rossella Mattioli: Good morning

Mike O'Connor: hi Rossella!

Rossella Mattioli: :)

Julie Hedlund: Hello everyone!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: I thought that had already said that the recording was
on

Rossella Mattioli: On Adobe Rossella Mattioli

Rossella Mattioli: thanks

Andre Thompson: it's fine

Andre Thompson: proceed please

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: Was that John Levine?

Greg Aaron: I agree -- out for the reasons that Mikey mentioned

John Levine: also agreed

Greg Aaron: it is a policy issue, but not a threat to the DNS.

Rossella Mattioli: I agree

Andre Thompson: a vulnerability can be exploited to become a threat?

Jim Galvin: Apologies, Jim joining late.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: Andre: I would say yes. It is the prelude to a possible
threat, isn't it?

Greg Aaron: agree

Rossella Mattioli: agree

Greg Aaron: a few of these may be out of scope

Jim Galvin: for example - out of scope might be domain renewal.

Jim Galvin: out of scope might be registrar automation

Greg Aaron: registry continuity and failover is in scope.  But of couse ther
eare some differnces between the ccTLDs and gTLDs.

Greg Aaron: TLDs do not renew

Greg Aaron: gTLS contracts can be renewed

Greg Aaron: anyway, there's a redelegation process which touches IANA processes

Greg Aaron: perhaps just call it "redelegation".  A  TLDdelegation does not
renew.

Greg Aaron: yes

Greg Aaron: or specifically "TLD redelgation"

Andre Thompson: LOL

Jim Galvin: agree

Greg Aaron: Mikey, please call that one "TLD Redelegation"

Greg Aaron: thanks

Rossella Mattioli: out

Greg Aaron: out

Greg Aaron: this one is a second-level issue.

Rossella Mattioli:  if can affect the TLD for me is in

Greg Aaron: I am recharding my phone

Rossella Mattioli: yep, im only on adobe :)

Greg Aaron: switcing -- be on in a minute

Jim Galvin: top of the hour MIckey

Rossella Mattioli: yes

Jim Galvin: agreed

Rossella Mattioli: thank you!