ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] hm. does anybody have an authoritative source for the definition of "core registry functions"?

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] hm. does anybody have an authoritative source for the definition of "core registry functions"?
  • From: Patrick Jones <patrick.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 05:43:26 -0800

Mikey -

As Keith noted below (and Greg Aaron as well), we tried to limit critical
registry functions in the context of those functions that were critical for
the operation of a TLD for the protection of the registrants in that TLD and
ensure confidence in the DNS. I'm fairly sure of the DSSA group, that Keith,
Greg, Rick Wilhelm and Jim Galvin were all part of the registry
failover/registry continuity discussions that started in 2006/07 and have
been active in it since. Several ccTLD representatives also reviewed and
provided input from their perspective and experience on this work between
2007-2009. And At Large contributed as well.

Patrick