ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

RE: [dssa] hm. does anybody have an authoritative source for the definition of "core registry functions"?

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dssa] hm. does anybody have an authoritative source for the definition of "core registry functions"?
  • From: "Drazek, Keith" <kdrazek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 17:52:51 +0000

Hi Mikey,

The phrase now used by ICANN is "critical registry functions," which has been
defined most recently through the new gTLD application process. The definition
is in several places in the Applicant Guidebook, including in the section
covering the Continued Operations Instrument.

http://www.icann.org/en/registries/continuity/gtld-registry-continuity-plan-25apr09-en.pdf

Earlier definitions had a slightly longer lists of six or more:

http://www.icann.org/en/registries/reports/registry-failover-01jun07.htm#anchor3
 (see Section 3 of the 2007 Registry Failover Report)

http://www.icann.org/en/registries/continuity/gtld-registry-continuity-plan-25apr09-en.pdf
 (see page 4 of the 2009 Registry Continuity Plan)

Hope this helps.

Regards, Keith

Keith Drazek
Director of Policy