ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] hm. does anybody have an authoritative source for the definition of "core registry functions"?

  • To: dssa@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [dssa] hm. does anybody have an authoritative source for the definition of "core registry functions"?
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 08:20:20 -0600

hi all,

i came across the "core registry functions" phrase and thought that might be a
good list for us to have.  here's the quote that got me started

        "Core registry functions are: access to the shared registry system;
Whois, DNS resolution; data escrow; and DNSSEC"

the list looks like a good scope-defining punch-list for some of our work.

but this is from a Minds and Machines advocacy piece on CircleID and is by no
means authoritative.  are they quoting an RFC or something that *is*
authoritative?  if so, could you point me in the right direction?

thanks,

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356