ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] REMINDER / DSSA WG - Thursday 29 March 2012 at 13:00 UTC

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] REMINDER / DSSA WG - Thursday 29 March 2012 at 13:00 UTC
  • From: "James M. Galvin" <jgalvin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:24:38 +0200

On Mar 29, 2012, at 2:17 PM, Mike O'Connor wrote:

two questions, both from this article…

1) are you part of the WiFi hacking/improvement team?

In this case they are referring to the NOC team. I am not part of this team. There are a fairly regular set of volunteers who handle this for the IETF, and they do a great job as described by this article. Facilities are always better after the IETF leaves than they were before we arrived. Pretty cool actually.

2) the article mentions that "operational security capabilities for IP network infrastructure" is a topic on the agenda. is there anything in that discussion that would be useful for us over here in DSSA land?

The OPSEC stuff they are talking about is here:

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/agenda/agenda-83-opsec.html

I don't think there is anything directly applicable but others may have other opinions.

Jim

here's the link that prompted these questions -- the headline is IETF attendees reegineer their hotel's WiFi network." it's a hoot.

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/telecommunications/ietf-attendees-reengineer-their-hotels-wi-fi-network

mikey