ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] MP3 & AC Recording / DSSA 19 April 2012

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] MP3 & AC Recording / DSSA 19 April 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:12:23 -0700

Dear All,

Please find the Mp3 recording from the DSSA-WG call on Thursday, 19 April 2012
at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-dssa-20120419-en.mp3

Please find the Adobe room presentation recording here:
http://icann.adobeconnect.com/p4cd14x0d3r/

A transcript of the AC Chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Transcript and Presentation will be posted shortly on:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#apr

Attendees on the call:

At Large Members

. Cheryl Langdon-Orr (ALAC)

. Olivier Crépin-Leblond (ALAC) (co-chair)

. Andre Thompson (At-Large)

. Julie Hammer (ALAC)

ccNSO Members

. Jacques Latour, .ca (CIRA)

. Jörg Schweiger, .de (co-chair)

. Takayasu Matsuura, .jp

NRO Members

. Mark Kosters (ARIN); (co-chair)

GNSO Members

. Mikey O'Connor - (CBUC) (co-chair)

. Rosella Mattioli (NCSG)

. George Asare-Sakyi - (NCSG)

SSAC Members

. Jim Galvin (SSAC)

ICANN Staff:

Kristina Nordstrom

Julie Hedlund

Bart Boswinkel

Nathalie Peregrine

Apologies:

Warren Kumari (SSAC)

Scott Algeier

Katrina Sataki, .lv

Luis Diego Espinoza,.cr

Rafik Dammak - (NCSG)

Don Blumenthal - (RySG)

Rick Koeller, .ca (CIRA)

Wim Degezelle, CENTR

Greg Aaron (RySG)

Sean Copeland, .vi

Scott McCormick (IPC)

Nishal Goburdhan (NRO)

John Levine (At-Large)

Ondrej Filip, .cz

Mohamed El Bashir (At-Large)

Keith Drazek - (RySG)

Otmar Lendl, .at

Patrick Vande Walle (At-Large)

Chris Wright, .au

Adam Palmer - (CBUC)

Andrew de la Haye (NRO Member) - for the next 4 weeks

 David Conrad (SSAC)

Arturo Servin (LACNIC

Rick Wilhelm, Network Solutions

** Please let me know if your name has been left off the list ** Link to
Working Group Wiki space:
https://community.icann.org/display/AW/Joint+DNS+Security+and+Stability+Analysis+Working+Group

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie Peregrine for

GNSO Secretariat

gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>

AC Chat transcript 19 April 2012:

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:just preparing for an afternoon of conf calls

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:so I'm away until the DSSA call starts

  Rossella Mattioli:hi all!

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello!

  Jacques Latour:something wrong with the conference calling center, call not
started?

  Julie Hammer:I can't get through to them either

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Yes it is strting shortly

  Julie Hammer:on the phone now

  Nathalie  Peregrine:perfect!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:julie give them a number to dial out to you if all else
fails

  Julie Hammer:I think the conference calling centre was just very busy a few
minutes ago

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Mark Kosters has just joined

  Joerg Schweiger:can't dial in as well

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Joerg, we can dial out to you, please give me a number

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jim Galvin has joined the call

  Joerg Schweiger:in now

  Jim Galvin:Well, not actually.  Still listening to music.

  Jim Galvin:Now I'm on the call.  :-)

  Nathalie  Peregrine:The audio operator explained they had huge traffice round
the top of the hour.

  Jacques Latour:fast review

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:good plan OCL

  Jacques Latour:iok, sounds good

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes clumping  AND summary sheet review will work IMO

  Jacques Latour:lot's of noise on the call

  Mike O'Connor:Clump choice -- nation state

  Mike O'Connor:Clumpt -- outage

  Mike O'Connor:Clump choice -- DDOS

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Could those connected via Adobe only please mute their
microphones?

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:start with the global thermonuclear war option. That
would let us see the worst case scenario

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I mean -- possibly Nation State

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:or outage indeed

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:the use of proxy as unrelated to any industry link is good
concept yes

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Don Blumenthal has joine dthe AC room

  Julie Hammer:If an information-provider leaves a sub-group, then perhaps they
should specify whether the information already provided can continue to be
used, or is withdrawn.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Julie's line is not muted on the bridge

  Julie Hammer:i've unmuted my phone

  Julie Hammer:see my comment above

  Julie Hammer:ok

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)

  Jim Galvin:I agree with Olivier.

  Jacques Latour:I've asked Wayne and Matt at OARC on exact process.

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Yes sorry for bringing this up. It's a tricky situation

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I remain dubious

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:no need to coonvert me :-)

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:convert

  Don Blumenthal:Sorry you corrected it. I was having visiions of you with
large furry circles aroud your eyes

  Jim Galvin:It helps to be "upside down".

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:more blood flow to the head, yes

  Jim Galvin::-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ha ha ha

  Julie Hammer:or ah ah ah

  Rossella Mattioli:thanks

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks all now off to the next call

  bart:Thans and Bye

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye

  Julie Hammer:bye