ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

Re: [dssa] weekly status report

  • To: DSSA WG <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dssa] weekly status report
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:39:41 -0500

yep!  there are several things all wrapped together in these scenarios.

-- we'll want to look at normalizing these a bit -- there's a fair amount of
variation in the way that people approached the choosing and scaling of things
-- part of the magnitude problem comes from the sensitivity of the arithmetic.
each column can add an order of magnitude.

-- we have the "one size fits all?" puzzle to look at -- some of these
scenarios play out differently depending on what organizational vantage point
you're looking from

-- then there's the "where's the data?" question -- i think it's fair to say
that our evaluation in this first ("go fast") pass will have to be pretty
subjective, with the empirical data rolling in during "go deep"

what do people think of trying to iron the "normalizing" problem out with the
most massive amazing polling setup you've ever seen in Adobe Connect?  i'm
thinking that we could just walk through each scenario (no more than a few
minutes on each), take an initial-reaction poll for each column, and see if we
can smooth out the swings a bit.

i think if we do that, we'd have to agree not to do anything but take that
first poll and note where we agree/disagree.  debate would have to wait 'til
another day because i think in some cases those debates will take weeks or even
months (and may require going off after some data).  but it would be helpful to
get a first-reaction sense-of-the-group about these, no?

what say you?

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356