ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] MP3 & AC Recording / DSSA 30 August 2012

  • To: DSSA WG <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] MP3 & AC Recording / DSSA 30 August 2012
  • From: Gisella Gruber <Gisella.Gruber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:27:26 -0700

Dear All,

The next DSSA WG call is scheduled for Thursday 06 September 2012 at 1300 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording from the DSSA-WG call on Thursday, 30 August 2012
at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-dssa-20120830-en.mp3

 Please find the Adobe room presentation recording here:
http://icann.adobeconnect.com/p7x1amy92wa/

A transcript of the AC Chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Transcript and Presentation will be posted shortly on:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/calendar/#aug

Attendees on the call:

At Large Members

Olivier Crépin-Leblond (ALAC) (co-chair)
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (ALAC)

ccNSO Members

Wim Degezelle, (CENTR)

Takayasu Matsuura. Jp

Katrina Sataki.lv

Jacques Latour.ca

GNSO Members

Mikey O'Connor - (CBUC) (co-chair)

Don Blumenthal - – (RySG)

Rosella Mattioli (NCSG)

SSAC members:

Jim Galvin (SSAC Vice Chair)

Expert

Scott Algeier

ICANN Staff:

Bart Boswinkel

Julie Hedlund

Gisella Gruber

Apologies:

Andre Thompson

Rick Koeller, .ca (CIRA)

Julie Hammer (ALAC)
Mark Kosters (ARIN)
George Asare-Sakyi – (NCSG)

Joerg Schweiger (cCNSO co-chair)

Patrick Jones

Link to Working Group Wiki space:
https://community.icann.org/display/AW/Joint+DNS+Security+and+Stability+Analysis+Working+Group

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gisella Gruber

GNSO Secretariat

gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>

AC Chat transcript 30 August 2012:
   Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the DSSA Working Group call on Thursday 30
August 2012 at 1300 UTC
  Rossella Mattioli:Hi all!
  Rossella Mattioli::)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi :-)
  bart:Hi All
  Katrina Sataki:hi!
  Jacques Latour:Bonjour! Bon Matin!
  Jim Galvin:Virtual hug to everyone!
  Gisella Gruber-White:Great to be here again today and it is always a pleasure
to be of assistance!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yep  all good
  Gisella Gruber-White:Don Blumenthal has joined the Adobe Connect room
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi don
  Jacques Latour:each columns is each layer of the circle?
  Jacques Latour:k
  Rossella Mattioli:certs I am not sure
  bart:We have members from most groups listed on the DSSA. If thisisthe
approach maybe they could group together and fill in the analysis
  Rossella Mattioli:enisa yes
  Rossella
Mattioli:http://www.enisa.europa.eu/activities/identity-and-trust/technology-for-resilience/tech/dnssec
  Rossella Mattioli:yes
  Rossella Mattioli:yes Jacques is correct
  Rossella Mattioli:ENISA - the European Network and Information Security Agency
  Katrina Sataki:obviously not
  Katrina Sataki:yes
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Katrina - have you enabled your microphone?
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Katrina - do you need a dial-out?
  Katrina Sataki:they don't do any research
  Katrina Sataki:trusted introducer is a database of trusted CERTs
  Don Blumenthal:Katrina, should we add TERENA instead of Trusted Introducer?
  Katrina Sataki:TERENA is the organisation that outsources the maintenance of
the Trusted introducer
  Katrina Sataki:TERENA introduced the TI in the first place
  bart:HAve not dialed-in
  Katrina Sataki:there is TF-CSIRT group under TERENA but most of the research
anyway is carried out under EU projects
  bart:Suggest as said before let the members of each of the group fill in the
the list
  bart:Cheryl is correct
  bart:No
  bart:Youshould also list the Regional Organisations like CENTR
  bart:Yes but members are not ccNSO
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yep
  bart:AGAIN WHY NOT ASK THE PEOPLE WHO ARE MEMBER SO FTHE GROUPS AND NOT
SPECULATE
  bart:The third time
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:agreed! I think that we're splitting hair here,
especially in looking at GNSO as org and then its sub-constituents etc.
  Jacques Latour:Is it realyl relevant to breakdown ICANN into multiple
organizations?  What will we achieve?
  Jim Galvin:I would like to know the answer to Jacques's question too.
  bart:Yes, regarding NRO, SSAC ccNSO, SSAC
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:correct jim
  bart:And ALAC and GNSO
  Jacques Latour:If you look at ccTLDs, some do research, some don't, do we
fill this in with best practice and specific organizations can do a gap
analysis, something like that?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed  good future oint   there Jacques
  bart:Desk reach in thsi case is we have listed organisations. We also have
people from each of some of the groups (ccTLD's , RIR's gTLD's and let them
fill in the table
  bart:Need to drop off
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:that works
  bart:Yes talk to you next week:-)
  Katrina Sataki:TERENA is the organisation of European National REsearch and
Education Networks
  Jim Galvin:Nearing the top of the hour and I too have hard stop today.
  Katrina Sataki:not sure we should add it!!!
  Jacques Latour:no, in the weeds
  Jacques Latour:got to run.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes beware the weeds
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanksMikey bye all