ICANN ICANN Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[dssa] The short and longer-term Plan for The DSSA -- NO DSSA meeting until 29-November

  • To: DSSA WG <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] The short and longer-term Plan for The DSSA -- NO DSSA meeting until 29-November
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 09:00:29 -0600

hi all,

after a series of misfires, your Ops gang finally managed to connect on a call 
this morning and came up with a plan.

1) we're going to switch meetings back to 9am EST.  my politically-correct idea 
of anchoring to UTC completely wrecked attendance to the meetings (both Ops and 
the full DSSA meetings).  so we're going back.  Cheryl, before you lash me to 
the mast and start hitting me with a stick, read on through the rest of this.  

2) we're going to skip the next 2 weeks of DSSA meetings -- so the upcoming 
DSSA meeting is now pushed out to 29-November.  it turns out that a *lot* of us 
are going to be in LA this week and the logistics for running a call from there 
at 6am are a bit challenging.  and the following week is Thanksgiving, a major 
US holiday.  so we'll pick things up again on the 29th

3) we've decided that we're going to put the "roles and responsibilities" 
worksheet exercise on hold until the Board-committee's consultants have had a 
chance to finish their work.  we think we're far enough along with testing the 
worksheet to feel comfortable that it'll work, and we're uncomfortable going 
much further because we may be duplicating work that's in the consultants' 

4) Bart has taken the action item to organize the summarizing of public 
comments.  the hope is that the summary will be ready in time for our meeting 
on the 29th so that we can do what needs to be done in order to drive those 
comments into our Phase I report.

5) once the public comments are addressed,  we will stop meeting until several 
weeks before Beijing (unless the consultants have something they'd like us to 
do) and then we'll reconvene to see what's needed at Beijing and beyond.

since the switch *back* to daylight savings time happens 3 weeks before 
Beijing, the net result of rolling back Mikey's bad meeting-time decision is 
that Cheryl and Julie will probably only have to put up with ONE terribly-late 
DSSA meeting, on the 29th.  :-)

that concludes my report.


PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP 
(ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy