ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] Homework for Durban

  • To: DSSA WG <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] Homework for Durban
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 19:44:38 -0500

hi all,

your Ops gang got together a few hours ago and started trying to figure out
what we're going to do next.  here are a couple of things that would be really
helpful for you all to review.

first, please take a look at the Westlake report that was just released to the
Board's DNS Risk Management Framework working group.

as you know, we decided to put the DSSA on hold until this report from Westlake
was released because it seemed like there was a risk that we would do a lot of
work that would have to be thrown away if it didn't align well with their
results.  the report is now out and we think it would be great if many of you
could give it a careful read and come to Durban (either in person or over the
wire) prepared to share your reactions.  here's the link to the report;

http://durban47.icann.org/meetings/durban2013/presentation-dns-risk-mgmt-24jun13-en.pdf

second, please listen to the audio transcript of the teleconference we had this
morning.

i know, this is an unusual request.  but we, your co-chairs, as struggling a
bit with our reactions to that report and also trying to figure out where to go
next now that the report is out.  we think it would be helpful if you could
listen to the conversation we had and offer suggestions as to what you think we
should do.  by all means post your ideas to the list, touch bases with any of
us in Durban during the week, and bring your ideas to our our public session on
Thursday.  skip forward about 15 minutes in the recording.  we were having
trouble getting Olivier on the line so the formal discussion didn't start until
he arrived.  here's the link:

        http://audio.icann.org/ccnso/ccnso-ops-dssa-20130703-en.mp3

we need your help and thoughts on this one.

thanks,

mikey

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP
(ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)