ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[eoi-new-gtlds]

.ECO

  • To: eoi-new-gtlds <eoi-new-gtlds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .ECO
  • From: Moses Boone <moses.boone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 01:20:51 -0500

*I have been working on this project for the last two years.  I will there
fore share with you the initial power point presentation I used to introduce
my idea as to how .eco should be structured and focused.There should be an
attachment include*d.

*I then proceed to revamp the verbiage and created a more colorful
presentation:*

.Eco(logical) A Visual
Presentation<http://app.sliderocket.com/app/FullPlayer.aspx?id=4bdb6e42-d4f2-43ef-a07b-28d86850fa95>

*Everything was proceeding according to my plans until June 2009 when 2
different entities decided that they were also interested in the .eco domain
extension as well.  I took the liberty to send them both a copy of the
visual presentation.  They liked it so much they began to incorporate
 borrowed elements into their own program.  I had visions of maintaining
stealth mode until the ICANN application period.  The amount of mayhem and
verbosity created between these two factions is exactly what I attempted to
circumvent by establishing a legal foundation before launching those three
little letters .e c o!*

*I am not a smart man.  .ECO is supposed to be about making the world a
better place, then the carnage and blood everyone foresees in the battle for
hotly contested domain extensions does not bode well for something designed
to do good. My question is who stands to gain? :*

The eventual pyrrhic winner of ".eco"?The lawyers?*The host of supporting
NPOs promised the battlefield spoils*Possibly ICANN?

*Certainly not the environment that everyone claims to hold so dear.*

*There are enough environmental battles out there without cutting each
others throats.  The future before us is still an open book.  How will it be
written?*

 From one little squirrel; that's it in a nutshell.

*Respectfully *
*Moses Boone *