ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] Agenda and compiled, classified proposals for Wednesday SGB call

  • To: Milton Mueller <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] Agenda and compiled, classified proposals for Wednesday SGB call
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 03:57:42 +0100

I regret that I'll be on a plane and unable to join the call.

Just a correction to the simplified version described in the
classification -- my "due process" proposal does in fact permit access
to anyone with a legitimate need, provided they can demonstrate that
need by means of legal process.  Trademark claimaints, for example, can
get orders in connection with litigation, as they already do in discovery.

I see as a chief virtue of this proposal that it does not require ICANN
to invent anything new.  Rather, it works with existing processes with
which the users are familiar and in which the public is assured of the
checks and balances of the legal system.

Thanks,
--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx
phone: +1.617.418.3456 / +44 (0)1865 287203 // cell: 07785 550361