ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] Impact on UDRP

  • To: gnso-acc-sgb@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] Impact on UDRP
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 22:00:27 -0700

Dr. Dierker and all,

  I believe all this depends of the type of complaint and what the
evidence
that the complainant initially provides in disclosure.  For a bad faith
registration
of a domain name as Doug's example the evidence should be simple enough
to at least warrant further investigation and the name of the registrant
as well
as address would a this time only, be necessary.

  However in other types of complaint's knowledge of the perps name
may not be necessary for rapid take down to proceed if this is in fact
the remedy that is needed or is otherwise appropriate, ergo sought.

  If however there is a criminal element involved with a domain name,
than of course the name and address of the actual registrant must be
disclosed by the agent/OPOC or if refused or unreachable for what
ever reason, than a suspension of the domain name is warrant, and
when the agent/OPOC is reached immediate disclosure of the
actual registrant or that agent/OPOC should be held in contempt
and thus incarcerated until such time the name and postal address
of same is disclosed.  However jurisdictional considerations come
into play here as to enforcement of contempt charges and reveling
of registrants name and postal address by agents/OPOCs given
significant differences in Privacy laws and/or regulations where
cross or multiple jurisdictional are involved.

  All the above remarks I believe should also apply to third
party accessors of Whois data, at a minimum.

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827