ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] RE: [gnso-whois-wg] Phish statistics

  • To: gnso-acc-sgb@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] RE: [gnso-whois-wg] Phish statistics
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 22:36:14 -0700

Dr. Dierker and all,

  By IP issues Milton was talking about IP addresses, ergo IP Whois vs
DNS Whois.

  And yes, in regards to Phishing attacks, Patrick earlier brought
up and broadened the scope of Whois data as these sorts of
attacks being fraud and involving "IP Whois data" as to access,
are relevant to determining how, who and under what set of
conditions ALL Whois data is available or utilized.  What I
do not know is if "IP Whois data" is actually within the scope
of this WG and sub groups.  Maybe Milton can answer that??

  If so, another reference for getting an idea of how serious
various forms of Phishing attacks are see:
http://www.ipgovernance.com/News_on_Phishing__Identity.html

  What concerns me most is the increasing frequency from Banks
of Phishing attacks by disgruntled Bank employees.

Regards,
--
Jeffrey A. Williams
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827