ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

Re: [gnso-whois-wg] Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] GAC's position on Whois

  • To: Suzanne Sene <ssene@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-whois-wg] Re: [gnso-acc-sgb] GAC's position on Whois
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 22:29:12 -0700

Suz and all sgb members,

  As I believe you know data access privacy legislation is being considered
in both houses of congress as is data retention revisions to existing
legislation.  With this in mind your remarks to same may be premature.
As I hope you also know is that financial data privacy laws have
an impact directly to part of your remarks as they apply to Whois
data.  Ergo I believe you erred is saying: " i would like to clarify for
the record that access to whois data in support of those activities is
legal in the united states.  in other words, there is no inconsistency
between public access to whois data and national laws."

Regards,
--
Jeffrey A. Williams
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827