ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

RE: [gnso-acc-sgb] Impact on UDRP

  • To: <gnso-acc-sgb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-acc-sgb] Impact on UDRP
  • From: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 12:07:03 +0200

Hi all,

Here is some essential information about the status and origins of the UDRP.

The UDRP was developed by ICANN as a consensus policy following a report by
WIPO (timeline of development is here:
http://www.icann.org/udrp/udrp-schedule.htm) . The UDRP was implemented into
registrar contracts in 1999.

It is administered by the following approved dispute resolution service
providers:

*        <http://www.adndrc.org/> Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution
Centre [ADNDRC] (approved effective 28 February 2002). It has three offices:

*        <http://www.adndrc.org/adndrc/bj_home.html> Beijing
*        <http://www.adndrc.org/adndrc/hk_home.html> Hong Kong
*        <http://www.adndrc.org/adndrc/kre_home.html> Seoul

*        <http://domains.adrforum.com/> The National Arbitration Forum [NAF]
(approved effective 23 December 1999).
*        <http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains> World Intellectual Property
Organization [WIPO] (approved effective 1 December 1999).

More information is available at http://www.icann.org/udrp/ .

All the best, Maria

  _____