ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-acc-sgb]

RE: [gnso-acc-sgb] Fwd: Contribution from the Tiered Access Group for the WhoisWG

  • To: <gnso-acc-sgb@xxxxxxxxx>, "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-acc-sgb] Fwd: Contribution from the Tiered Access Group for the WhoisWG
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:22:29 -0400

>>> "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx> 5/31/2007 7:04 AM >>>
>Could you please provide some guidance as to the status of this
>document and your intentions for its part in the discussions of this
group?

Maria:

Good question. Here is my view.

I forward the TAG document to the subgroup now as an informative
document to show what another group confronting essentially the same
access problems came up with.

It did not play a part in our discussions and thus cannot be considered
part of our report. To do so would raise a host of new issues that we
simply don't have time to deal with. We are finalizing our own report
and cannot spend time poring over an entirely new one that people
haven't seen before. I hope David Maher agrees with that.

I think the TAG should have submitted this report or something like it
at the very beginning of subgroup B's formation. It does not develop a
proposal but simply catalogues issues and problems. At that stage it
might have guided and accelerated our discussions.

All in all, worth reading if you have the time, and worth comparing to
our impending report, but not a product of this group.