ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-arr-dt]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

[gnso-arr-dt] FW: Availability?

  • To: "gnso-arr-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-arr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-arr-dt] FW: Availability?
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 09:47:14 -0800

Forwarded From: Gomes, Chuck
Sent: samedi 9 janvier 2010 18:38
To: William Drake
Cc: Caroline Greer; Olga Cavalli; Glen de Saint Géry
Subject: RE: Availability?

I am not talking about criteria for the RT members.  I am talking about what is
referred to as "indicators" in the AoC for the reviews themselves.  For
example, in the first review, criteria that will be measured to determine
whether ICANN has met the objectives of being accountable and transparent.  If
those indicators are clearly and objectively defined in advance of the review,
then the RT's task is to evaluate whether they have been satisfied in an
objective manner.  Their task would not be to directly represent the groups
they come from in terms of whether their group believes ICANN was accountable
and transparent but rather to review the evidence gathered to determine whether
the "indicators" were satified and then document their conclusions based on
evidence gathered related to the predefined "indicators".

In my opinion the task of the RTs is to evaluate whether the goals of the AoC
are met, not to determine whether the community supports how ICANN functioned.

Chuck