RE: [gnso-arr-dt] FW: Questioins regarding proposed AoC Review
- To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-arr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>, Glen de Saint Géry <glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [gnso-arr-dt] FW: Questioins regarding proposed AoC Review
- From: "Caroline Greer" <cgreer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:53:17 -0000
Thank you Chuck.
Glen, do we have a time yet for our call tomorrow?
From: owner-gnso-arr-dt@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-arr-dt@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Gomes, Chuck
Sent: 12 January 2010 01:35
Subject: [gnso-arr-dt] FW: Questioins regarding proposed AoC Review
From: Gomes, Chuck
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 8:35 PM
To: 'Peter Dengate Thrush'; 'Janis Karklins'
Cc: Denise Michel
Subject: Questioins regarding proposed AoC Review
The GNSO Council is presently reviewing the draft Staff proposal for the AoC
with the intent of submitting comments. To enable us to prepare our comments
as well as to guide us in the need for the GNSO to endorse volunteers from our
community for the AoC review teams, we would appreciate any clarity you can
provide regarding the following:
* One central issue is the role of the SOs in selecting RT members -
is this to be viewed as an initial filtering process for the benefit of the
Selectors and how much emphasis will the Selectors put on the endorsements?
* Are the Selectors in a position to give early insight into the
selection criteria that they will use? This will greatly assist the GNSO [and
other SOs] in its own selection process and will help ensure that we are not
all working at odds with one another.
* What degree of independence will the RT members be expected to show
from their SOs? Are they expected to be direct representatives in some way,
high level communicators or independent actors?