ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-arr-dt]

RE: [gnso-arr-dt] Draft permanent RT endorsement process

  • To: "William Drake" <william.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-arr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-arr-dt] Draft permanent RT endorsement process
  • From: "Caroline Greer" <cgreer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 15:14:28 +0100

Thanks Bill. I just caught a few small typos - revisions attached.

We seem to have relaxed the gender diversity requirement? We previously
said no more than 2/3 coming from one gender and now we are saying the
applicants can't all be of the one gender. That change is fine by me but
I just wondered if I had missed that discussion somewhere along the way.

Are we expecting the Council to be ready to vote on additional
candidates if the diversity needs piece kicks in? It strikes me that
some preparation might need to be done if that need arises as I don't
know if Councilors would be ready to vote on the call straight away.
Perhaps we can avoid this difficulty by doing some prep work beforehand
to figure out who will end up as being endorsed......or we see how we
get on and if some folks aren't ready, we do a quick follow up Council
call?

Caroline.