ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-bylaw-revision]

Comments on the GNSO Council term limits

  • To: <gnso-bylaw-revision@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments on the GNSO Council term limits
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:37:43 +0200

Hi Liz,

I hope you are well.

I’ve just read an ICANN news item calling for comments on a proposal to
implement term limits for GNSO Council members.

I would just like to provide you with a short comment in favor of the
proposal. Please let me stress that this comment is made in my own
individual capacity and that I am not commenting as an elected officer of
the Registrar Constituency or in any other capacity.

As you know, the Registrar Constituency’s own bylaws prevent one of our
members from serving more than two consecutive terms as RC GNSO Council
representative. I feel it would be of considerable value for the GNSO to
adopt the same principle for all its Constituencies, should these not
already have the same provision in their own bylaws as we do in ours.
Leveling the playing field in this way can only help the GNSO Council
function even better by allowing a wide diversity of constituency members on
the Council.

This seems even more important now, at a time when a major revision to the
GNSO structure is about to be implemented.

Kind regards,

Stéphane Van Gelder
Directeur Général / General manager

+33 1 48 01 86 17

INDOM – Noms de domaine / Domain names
124-126, rue de Provence
75008 Paris. France
0820 77 7000
(Prix d'un appel local)
De l'étranger (calling from outside France): + 33 1 76 70 05 67
 <http://www.indom.com/> www.indom.com

Daily domain name industry news:  <http://www.domaines.info/>
www.domaines.info

Mon blog/My blog :  <http://www.domaines.info/> www.stephanevangelder.com