ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ccwg-dt]

RE: [gnso-ccwg-dt] CCWG Meeting Actions: 18 Oct 2011

  • To: "'Julie Hedlund'" <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-ccwg-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ccwg-dt] CCWG Meeting Actions: 18 Oct 2011
  • From: "Jonathan Robinson" <jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:06:04 +0100

Excellent.

Many thanks Julie.

Jonathan

From: owner-gnso-ccwg-dt@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-ccwg-dt@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Julie Hedlund
Sent: 18 October 2011 20:21
To: gnso-ccwg-dt@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gnso-ccwg-dt] CCWG Meeting Actions: 18 Oct 2011

Dear CCWG members,

Here are the actions from today's call.  Please let me know if I have
omitted anything or whether you have questions or comments.  Our next
meeting will be a public session held in Dakar on Thursday, 27 October from
0830 to 1000 UTC/local time (0130 PDT/0430 EDT) in Salon Vert.  Here are the
details and remote access: http://dakar42.icann.org/node/26991.  In
addition, Jonathan will be providing an update to the GNSO Council during
its public meeting on Wednesday, 26 October beginning at 1400 UTC/local time
(0700 PDT/1000 EDT) in Chapiteau Tent.  Here are the details and remote
access: http://dakar42.icann.org/node/26967.

Staff are preparing slides for both sessions along with a notification for
the SOs/ACs.  See the actions below.  We will have slides for this group to
review no later than this Thursday, 20 October.

Best regards,
Julie

Julie Hedlund
Policy Director

Actions:

1.      Slides for the update for the GNSO Council at the meeting in Dakar:
Goals: Need to energize the group and point to the key actions/goals in the
Charter.  Highlight of the elements of the Charter and scope.  Include the
original draft principles.  Encourage comment and to attend the Thursday
session.
2.      Slides for the Public Session:  This is the larger slide deck from
which the GNSO Council update is a subset. Key objective: Make it
clear/broadcast that although this is a GNSO position the whole point of the
exercise is to take input from any member of the ICANN community.
Background - recognition that the perceived importance of cross-community
groups and second the fact that there is a reluctance to set any more groups
off. Create a grid with the draft principles and take input and comment.
Slide:  List of cross-community working groups.  Invite Edmon to see if he
can join or at least provide input (Julie with copy to WG).
3.      Outreach:  Draft a notification message to send to all SOs/ACs about
the public session and to generate interest.
4.      Next steps after Dakar: Take the principles and flesh them out as a
report by the end of 2011.

  _____

http://www.netintelligence.com/email

  _____