ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ccwg-dt]

Re: RES: [gnso-ccwg-dt] FOR REVIEW: Revised Draft Principles -- "wherever possible"?

  • To: Jaime Wagner - PowerSelf <jaime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: RES: [gnso-ccwg-dt] FOR REVIEW: Revised Draft Principles -- "wherever possible"?
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 12:02:57 -0600

ah…

i think i understand that situation.  let's say that the Mikey Faction and the
Jaime Faction disagree over an aspect of the charter -- and, because we're
evenly matched we bring the discussion to a no-consensus destination (a
perfectly valid outcome in consensus decision making btw).

i offer these situations;

-- we're deadlocked over whether the work should be done at all

-- we're deadlocked over a major component of the work

-- we're deadlocked over a minor component

i think our options could include:

-- not forming the CC working group at all

-- forming a CC working group that excludes the faction that does not agree

-- forming two CC working groups with different charters

-- forming a CC working group with one or more *minor* charter issues that have
to be resolved by the working group

but in all cases i'd really like to see each working group only have one
charter -- it's like service-providers having only one statement-of-work or
arrangement letter.

how does that work for you?

thanks for that really thoughtful comment,

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com