ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Proposal for discussion at today's meeting

  • To: gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Proposal for discussion at today's meeting
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 23:27:31 +0200

Steve:

I assume that your proposal means that each of the nomcom appointee would only be worth half a vote? Half the vote of any of the council members?

BTW, I had been assured by several members of the Joint 'Users' (never understood why i wasn't the joint registrant) that there had been _no_ intention to disenfranchise the nomcom appointees in their original proposal. I assume you differ wit this assessment.

While I had not decided whether I supported Milton's proposal yet, though it did not represent parity it at least had the virtue of allowing the possibility that the outside voices of the Nomcom could vote with the Registrars and Registries to overcome a unified majority of the registrant community. Your modification of that proposal leaves a controlling majority in the hands of the registrants.

a.