ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] NomCom Rep Issue

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] NomCom Rep Issue
  • From: "Milton L Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:53:59 -0400

        From: owner-gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gomes, Chuck

        Will resolving the NomCom rep issue help us reach consensus on a
GNSO voting structure proposal?  If so, then great.  If not, then maybe
we should redirect our focus.

It's a good question, Chuck. Yes, I think the Nomcom discussion is
related to consensus-developing. Here was my thinking: if Registries and
Registrars could be convinced that 4-4-5-5-0 or 4-4-6-6-0 was not really
much different from 4-4-4-4-3, then we might reconcile what appears to
me to be the irreconcilable views of the business user constituencies
and the contracting parties.

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology
Internet Governance Project:
http://internetgovernance.org <http://internetgovernance.org/>