ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] New GNSO Reform Concept

  • To: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-consensus-wg] New GNSO Reform Concept
  • From: "Milton L Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:47:05 -0400

Let's call this the "divorce" proposal.
If I had to choose between this one and Chuck's I would prefer Chuck's.
I think it is essential for suppliers and users to be engaged in
interaction around issues of policy and procedure at all times. I can
recall many instances in which policy ideas that seemed good from the
user side didn't sound so good one a registry or registrar explained
what would have to happened if they were executed by a registry or
registrar. Segregation of the two does not seem a good idea to me.

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology
Internet Governance Project:
http://internetgovernance.org <http://internetgovernance.org/>