ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Consensus Group Report

  • To: philip.sheppard@xxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Consensus Group Report
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:34:54 +0200

Philip,

I think this is an unfair characterization. While we have disagreed with you and other when you tried to reduce the number Nomcom participants, we have fully participated making suggestions and other contributions to try and bring this thing to a successful close and have even compromised and accepted, though with concern, the minimization of the participatory and voting role in the houses, especially in the maximalist NCP house with a possible 18:1 ratio.

I am saddened that you have broken the consensus and have decided to blame that on those who support nomcom appointee particpation - something which I still contend was not in scope for this group.

a.