ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consensus-wg]

Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Consensus Group Report

  • To: "gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-consensus-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consensus-wg] Consensus Group Report
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 04:44:57 -0700

All;

I came to a resolution in the wee hours this morning to proceed with completing
and submitting a report of your work efforts.  In view of the fundamental
disagreement on the issue of the NCA, I edited the document to reflect that
disagreement but also advised the Board of the significant progress to date.
You all have equal opportunity to give me a hard time about this decision, but
I hope that you will view the document with an open mind.  When I am in better
shape tomorrow I will summarize all the changes and the reasoning behind them.

In the meantime, please review the document with an eye toward revising your
supplemental statements.  Avri apparently was the only one awake to do so. In
submitting the report shortly I am asking that the Board to accept amended
supplemental statements in light of the frenetic email dialogue and the
significant disparities in time zones that accompanied these deliberations..

Thank you all again for your patience and hard work. I believe the final
package is still a testament to your tireless efforts on this matter.  I hope
you feel the same.

Regards,

RobH