ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

[gnso-consumercci-dt] Wed 22nd 1230-1400 Singapore / Consumer Workshop / Regarding work on measures for competition, consumer trust and consumer choice

  • To: "gnso-consumercci-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-consumercci-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-consumercci-dt] Wed 22nd 1230-1400 Singapore / Consumer Workshop / Regarding work on measures for competition, consumer trust and consumer choice
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 16:35:40 -0700

Forwarded from Rosemary Sinclair
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 10:35 AM

Hi Margie and others on this email

Thanks for your offers to help - much appreciated!

I've also had some input from CSG/GNSO and interest from ALAC and an offer to
present from ccNSO (auDA)

I'm hoping to get speakers from Registry and Registrar Stakeholders Groups and
NCSG/Consumer Constituency Group and participation from Board members.

I'd be keen to have a speaker from  SSAC (to give us a view of what's
underway/possible from technical perspective)

And GAC (if they see this as possible ....to give us view on
definitions/metrics....) - might be of interest for GAC rep to participate in
workshop discussions

I'd appreciate any offers or suggestions for speakers...

I'm planning to update GNSO Council at next Council meeting 9 June at 20:00 UTC

Rough Outline (open for discussion)

Objective
To discuss (in workshop format) the work required by ICANN to support the AoC
commitments

3.c "to promote competition, consumer trust and consumer choice in the DNS
marketplace"

and more specifically,

9.3 after the first year  "to examine the extent to which the introduction or
expansion if gTLDs has promoted competition, consumer trust and consumer
choice."

Topics

·         "ICANN context" definitions of - competition; consumer trust;
consumer choice

·         Possible Metrics for- competition; consumer trust; consumer choice

·         Measurement Tools - currently available; need to be developed..

Next Steps - to be developed by Workshop participants.

Cheers

Rosemary

Subject: FW: Singapore / Consumer Workshop / Regarding work on measures for
competition, comsumer trust and consumer choice

Hi-

I wanted to follow up with you to finalize the agenda/speaker list for the
Consumer Workshop on Metrics for Competition, Consumer Trust and Consumer
Choice.    This session is scheduled for Wednesday from 12:30-14:00, (see link
at: http://singapore41.icann.org/node/24577 ).

I would like to post additional details regarding the agenda/speakers on the
Singapore Meeting website.  Please forward to me any information or ideas you
have in this regard, or if you need my assistance to develop the agenda and/or
speakers list, please let me know.

All the best,

Margie

______