ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

RE: [gnso-consumercci-dt] RE: Draft Charter for the CCI Working Group

  • To: rosemary.sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-consumercci-dt] RE: Draft Charter for the CCI Working Group
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 06:05:44 -0700

Sorry, but I don't support forming a CCWG or JWG for this work. We still
do not have such a thing defined and based on how the chartering process
went last time I am skeptical that we can land a single charter
acceptable to all SO/ACs.

Each SO/AC should do its own work and submit it to the Board. I think
the GNSO should form a GNSO drafting team chartered only by the GNSO for
our work on this, but it can certainly invite/allow members of other
SO/ACs to particpate and contribute as we do with any other WG we form.
This would avoid all the potential issues we have seen with CCWGs yet
accomplish pretty much the same thing.

Tim