ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

[gnso-consumercci-dt] LAST CALL: hopefully the final version of our Draft Advice

  • To: Consumer CCI DT <gnso-consumercci-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-consumercci-dt] LAST CALL: hopefully the final version of our Draft Advice
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:08:04 +0000

Here's v6, reflecting discussions on our 14-Feb working group call.

21-Feb is our last call before ICANN posts this draft advice for community
review and comment.  So please REPLY ALL with your last round of edit
suggestions  -- before next Tuesday.

You'll see our changes to Consumer Choice measures, plus a row I added for IDN
and non-English choices at Registrars — not just at Registries.

We made multiple changes to measures for Competition, including the
controversial step of suggesting targets for "defensive registrations"  and
"new entrants".   Let's consider these carefully…

And I added appendix B to show the note from ICANN legal department on
collecting prices.   Below that note, I added this:
Note: While this legal concern is appreciated, the Working Group notes that
none of the measures suggested in this draft advice document would require
ICANN to issue any recommendations for how registrars and registries price
their domain names.

Regards,
Steve

--