ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

RE: [gnso-consumercci-dt] Consumer trust: continued disagreement over the premise

  • To: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Consumer CCI DT <gnso-consumercci-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-consumercci-dt] Consumer trust: continued disagreement over the premise
  • From: Jonathan Zuck <jzuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 21:25:36 +0000

Wendy,
Thanks for your note on this because it's important to be heard. I wonder if
it's possible to connect the dots on a few of these. Are there any good
examples where tracking a particular metric would likely lead to restriction on
innovation? I guess this also raises the question of whether "innovation" at
the website level is always the goal. The innovation MIGHT be at the TLD level.
In other words, my innovation is that I'm creating .BANK to just be for banks
so that you can trust ANY url ending in .BANK because I'm only going to sell
these domains to real banks. Certainly, there's some restriction on the
creativity of the individual second level name holder but it's essential to the
success of the innovation at the domain level, no? Just some quick,
un-comprehensive thoughts.