ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-consumercci-dt]

Re: [gnso-consumercci-dt] CTCCC Advice Final

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-consumercci-dt] CTCCC Advice Final
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 06:02:07 -0400

On 2 November 2012 05:10, Neuman, Jeff <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My comments basically relate to my disagreement on the types of criteria
> which the group has stated are relevant to brand TLDs (even brand-keyword
> TLDs) and a couple of other areas where either you didn’t understand my
> comments in the last draft (probably my fault for not communicating them
> effectively) or you chose not to adopt them.  I sat down with Jonathan for
> an hour or so in London and went over them and he was intending on
> discussing those with you all.

Jeff,

Numerous points were raised on your behalf at the last conference call and
discussed at length.

Some were adopted, others not, with the group IMO fairly well understanding
the intent of your proposed changes as well as the different
characteristics of different kinds of TLDs. You're welcome to listen to the
recording as evidence of the discussion. Some of your suggestions made
perfect sense, as some of the metrics were inapplicable to certain kinds of
applications. OTOH, some of your suggested exemptions were strongly
objected to for a number of reasons.

I have little interest in rehashing issues which have already been
discussed and resolved.

- Evan