ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg]

[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting 11 June 2015

  • To: "gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting 11 June 2015
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 15:22:49 +0000

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of
Contact Information PDP Working Group call held on Thursday 11 June 2015  at
13:00 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-11jun15-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpstVYEtAkUhnqHJbcMva2zeHmsRc7ymk3LF-2BOxB5KVX-2Fm-2B9clhJw37602dkiJ49zK8g-3D_QuA5zZR9ZZ7J1F2FeF-2FOsgm1hgIDcBrAX2P7Ezxmql7ckJc4ios1-2BxObAoz2rzLSI3c4QB1NGo7bw7XrBjpRCbz74w4vzk48UxZMFoBBQBQaQ0ePdiOjdJ30sQNHkokOf-2F2p-2FBvMgKvMhzp-2B4u8fP-2BRrSytHe2KCf2HpQmtSbpezMgNTUG57PiORAPesOotpHA-2BC4pSmXJRsVmpbNaLqzjTAOQGVrurMlM0ZWNF-2BG-2B30A5ZSGaGqhe22g09VFZ5Ghl-2B4EmlE3Ey-2F943f7ffM4E3TePiI7-2B0-2F5uOyiN-2FORjZeWdPL5sKQ2nNa7NcsDbd3oGxftd8oxxGJYTroZDqqfOj6JfNewGC6eX1gzcl-2B6rXWB2ArPWxYu2IeEidOfDxxKWkX-2FDy-2FyXloPgRKJTW-2Fo3466homaeBDOeJd9FLAPB31Sqnf55WmNfI-2FGSvsIYqdDhgGMxDU7CpH97p4yyn4Yd3EDO7QrEowRk4-2F661UDTPv-2BbQX51uTpNOL-2BZ6rafDm>
On page:
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#j<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jun>un<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jun>
The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Attendees:
Chris Dillon – NCSG
Sara Bockey – RrSG
Justine Chew – Individual
Jim Galvin - RySG
Rudi Vansnick - NPOC
Amr Elsadr - NCUC
Petter Rindforth – IPC
Peter Green (Zhang Zuan) – NCUC

Apologies:
Peter Dernbach

ICANN Staff
Julie Hedlund
Lars Hoffmann
Nathalie Peregrine

 Wiki page: http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Nathalie
Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 11 June 2015:
Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the Translation and Transliteration of
Contact Information PDP WG call on the 11th June 2015
  Petter Rindforth:As I just e-mailed: Just a short note, from the IPC point of
view, that we still not support the suggested recommendation nr 1. IPC is of
the view that it is desirable to make transformation of contact information
mandatory. I can, quickly after todays meeting, prepare a short “minority note”
on that, basically referring to the reasons IPS has previously put forward. I
accept the other recommendations, however based on that the transformation is
mandatory.
  Rudi Vansnick:@Petter: and who should bear the cost in that case .?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Amr Elsadr has joined the call
  Amr Elsadr:@Petter: I imagined this to be the case, which is why I wanted to
point out the option of a minority statement.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Justine Chew has joined the call
  Amr Elsadr:Rec#1 is the big one.
  Amr Elsadr:Rudi's right. The two recommendations have an association.
  Amr Elsadr:The association is actually between rec#1 and the text refering to
the findings in relation to charter q.2
  Amr Elsadr:@Chris: I have your same hearing problem. :)
  Petter Rindforth:Ok, "charter q2", I read it as q2....
  Petter Rindforth:or rather recommendation 2
  Petter Rindforth:You will get it today!
  Amr Elsadr:@Lars: Yes. Very true.
  Amr Elsadr:@Lars: Completely agree.
  Justine Chew:+1 Jim
  Julie Hedlund:@Jim and Amr: I have put some language from the Working Group
Guidelines below the agenda.
  Julie Hedlund:On the right of the Adobe Connect screen.
  Amr Elsadr:@Julie: Thanks. Yes the consensus levels are defined in the GNSO
Working Group Guidelines.
  Justine Chew:+1 Julie
  Amr Elsadr:@Lars: Yes. Thanks. I missed the public comment period prior to
the board vote. I've got GNSO tunnel vision. :P
  Amr Elsadr:@Jim: Very true. :)
  Rudi Vansnick:do we have to do a vote ?
  Amr Elsadr:@Rudi: A vote is only necessary if the Chair(s) decide it is
necessary. Normally, a vote is not conducted. The WG is supposed to reach
consensus, not vote.
  Rudi Vansnick:thanks Amr
  Julie Hedlund:+1 Amr.  The Guidelines say: "Care should be taken in using
polls that they do not become votes.  A liability with the use of polls is
that, in situations where there is Divergence or Strong Opposition, there are
often disagreements about the meanings of the poll questions or of the poll
results."
  Julie Hedlund:++1 Amr!
  Rudi Vansnick:@Julie: thanks for clarifications
  Rudi Vansnick:Amr: that's what i"m afraid of ..
  Petter Rindforth:@Amr, I  understand that you strongly support 4 - 5
different recommendations ;-)
  Rudi Vansnick:next steps : motion ?
  Amr Elsadr:Motion shouldn't be submitted until the minority statement is
submitted and the consensus level is adjusted.
  Rudi Vansnick:Amr: +1 of course ;)
  Amr Elsadr:@Lars: Sounds good to me.
  Rudi Vansnick:many many thanks go to Chris, Lars and Julie and of course to
all of you too
  Amr Elsadr:Note that when the board is considering GNSO adopted
recommendations, the ACs (ALAC and GAC) can submit Advice that is contradictory
to the GNSO recommendations. Just thought I'd add that.
  Rudi Vansnick:Amr : interesting ...
  Amr Elsadr:Not that I am in favour of that (in principle). Just wanted to
note a possibility in the overall process.
  Justine Chew:I look forward to receiving an update through the email list on
next steps so it's clear what is expected of the WG members, if any remains.
  Julie Hedlund:I want to echo all that Lars said.  It has been a great
pleasure and privilege to work with Chris and Rudi and all of you!
  Amr Elsadr:@Justine: WG members have the option to join an Implementation
Review Team (IRT) to assist staff in implementation of the recommendations as
they were intended by the GNSO/Board. This only begins after the Board adopts
the recommendations and makes them actual policy.
  Amr Elsadr:And a big thanks to our co-chairs and all for the work over this
past year and a half.
  Rudi Vansnick:so we have a few months off ;)
  Justine Chew:Yes, that's post this PDP - I was referring to the minority
position for this final report.
  Amr Elsadr:And thanks to the great support (as always) from staff. :)
  Peter Green (CONAC):a year and a half ,thanks to Chris and Rudi
  Amr Elsadr:@Justine: Don't imagine there will be much to do as long as
nothing in the report is changed. Just the consensus level on rec 1 and the
minority statement.
  Justine Chew:@Amr, if you says so.
  Justine Chew:Bingo, thanks Amr!
  Justine Chew:Just that from what I heard of the push for minority position,
it sounds like serious change.
  Justine Chew:+1 Amr
  Amr Elsadr:@Chris: Yes, we have been liberal, but time is tight right now.
  Justine Chew:@Chris - LOL
  Amr Elsadr:Wasn't only smiling in the chat room. :)
  Sara Bockey:Thank you all.  This has been a great experience.
  Rudi Vansnick:save travels and see you in BA
  Justine Chew:Thanks all! Lovely to make all your acquantances
  Julie Hedlund:Bye everyone and thank you again!
  Jim Galvin:bye and thanks all!
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.
  Peter Green (CONAC):bye all
  Chris Dillon:Good bye all.
  Chris Dillon:I really shall miss these meetings!