[gnso-contro-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-contro-wg] rev 01. of the controversial names report

• To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-contro-wg] rev 01. of the controversial names report
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 11:41:51 +0200

Hi Avri

Thanks for this -- a question though.

In the text you've limited the creation of a controversial name objection to ICANN supporting organisations. Is that what the group actually intends? If so, then another parallel process would need to be developed to handle "controversy" from other sources.

Perhaps some further discussion would be helpful?

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel
+32 2 234 7848 fax
+32 497 07 4243 mob

On 02 May 2007, at 07:38, Avri Doria wrote:

hi,

I have taken a crack at a first revision of our report.

Given the paucity of conversation on this list since our first meeting (i know we have all been very busy in the other subgroups), i have taken it upon myself to extrapolate for our first conversation.

In doing so, i freely admit i may have miss represented positions or not understood people's positions. But since we need a straw proposal to start throwing slings and arrows at, here it is.

I will continue editing it based on any comments and new content i get today (Wednesday). To meet the rules of the game as set by Chuck, i need to send a copy of this to the RN2 group on lagical Wednesday evening - even though we don't have our next meeting until Thursday 1500 UTC. When I do so, i will indicate that the subgroup only had a limited amount of time on the mailing list to discuss it and that i will be sending an update after our meeting on Thursday morning.

thanks
a.

<RN-WG Controversial Names Subgroup Reports - working draft rev01.doc>

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy